xps m1530 A09 bios flash help

Discussion in 'Software' started by bcm, Jan 7, 2015.

1. bcm

bcm Private First Class

In Short: Got a knew battery, discharged it only to find out laptop will not recharge it. Googled: plugged in not charging. Advised downgrade bios to A09
    My issue is finding away to force flash, because without the battery being at least 10% dell's A09.exe will do nothing.

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Does the laptop work while plugged in? I can pull the battery on my Dell Precision M70 and run it off of AC only. Make sure the LED is lit on the AC adapter and that the AC cord is firmly seated on the adapter (mine loosened once and created similar problems).

3. bcm

bcm Private First Class

yes laptop works plugged in, but no led light comes on

4. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

There should be an LED on the AC adapter that's on all the while it's plugged in. If the AC cord that goes from the wall outlet to the adapter is firmly seated to the adapter and no LED is lit, I'd suspect you have a faulty/failing adapter and need to replace it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds