yahoo and paltalk!

Discussion in 'Software' started by arnie4, Nov 8, 2009.

1. arnie4

arnie4 Private First Class

I have already done what has been asked of me from chaslang . on malware removal and i have done everthing he has told me to do, chaslang has not found any malware on my computer, with the logs that i have left so ive been told to post the question here.
    not sure if any person will be able to fix this problem but hey that's why I have come on here.

Here is what problem i have!!

I still have a problem though, after finding no malware.
    I still cannot create a profile or click on any links in paltalk, and i am getting a message saying

(This program cannot display the web page)
    ( i cannot click on any of the links in the room for websites what people post, i used to be able to, I click the link and nothing happens, no page comes up nothing happens, its like I am clicking nothing),

Also cannot go to any profiles or even my own profile as when I click on the profile it does nothing, it seems like i am not clicking on anything.

hope i have explained this well, if not I am sorry. Just lost at what to do.

Also when i sign in to yahoo messenger to read my email I get this message ( ndows cannot find find login.yahoo.com/config/reset_cookies_tokā€¦ Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again)

that happens all the time, could it be something to do with my vista ?? it does it all the time and when I try to click on links in paltalk it just does nothing.
    any idea please, I would be really grateful thank you and thank you for all the help you have given me so far, ive done everything you have asked me to do , I just not a clue why i keep getting the messages

I really am at a loss at what to do. that is why i did the malware check, I have tried paltalk help rooms they don't know what to do either! thanks again Arnie

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

What browser are you using when your doing this?

It seems you may have some "scripts" and or cookies being blocked or missing that is impeding activity.

3. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

I would also suggest uninstalling the app and then try and reinstall it and see if that helps.

4. arnie4

the default browser i am using is mozzilla firefox ive used that for ages, and i have never had a problem before.
    I also have internet explorer installed, i did unistall internet explorer 8 as it kept on getting corrupt and it just rolled it back to normal internet explorer. i cannot get rid of that one it will not allow me to! so what else do you need to know please thank you!!

5. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Well I would use CCleaner Slim 2.25.1025 and uninstall any app associated with paltalk and then run the Reg Cleaner component in CC and then try a reinstall of the app you want and see if that helps.

It seems something has become "corrupted".

6. arnie4

ok i will give it a go, is the ccleaner the same as the one i all aready have?? well i just give it a go and see what happens! thanks

7. arnie4

what are all them things underneath?? the numbers and things?? . also i cannot find paltalk on my computer to uninstall any ideas where i can find it to uninstall thank you, just can't find it in add or remove programs or in the cc cleaner !! lost now

8. arnie4

i cannot find the program paltalk in the ccleaner or the add and remove programs on windows vista home premium so i cannot uninstall paltalk or any files to do with it!! please help me find and uninstall thank you!!

9. cake

cake Corporal

i don't have Vista (just have XP) but when i've run into a program that has no uninstaller, i delete the folder from Programs, manually. then, search out and delete any other associated folders & delete them, unless there are things you need to save (like history you don't want to lose or numerous signon names/passwords you won't remember).

i had PalTalk, but i haven't used it in about a year (don't have any IM programs right now). just checked and requirements are 1gb RAM so i'm not going to install to test my situation. have memory sticks on order, but will arrive long after you've found a solution.

i haven't seen any of your other posts, but is there any way your security software is blocking it? i know my KIS 2010 blocks some things unless i approve or manually add them.

just a thought.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  10. arnie4

thanks for the advice m8, will give it a go see what happens, ive just got a new security system it tells me if any programs have been blocked, its pretty good for that, it comes with my broadband deal so its kaspersky, so its pretty good its one of the bes ti have ever had !
    i will give it a go mate, thanks again, just see what happens, i mite be able to download it and it mite tell me to unistall the older version first, then the new version can be installed!! just looked at what kis was thats the same as mine lol just realized what kis means sorry mate my brain didn't read it properly
    :):):)

11. cake

cake Corporal

i have KIS 2010 9.0.0.463 and it IS awesome...although, there are some major slowness issues right now. their tech people are working on it and a hotfix is working its way through their QA and should be released soon.

aside from that, i think KIS 2010 is the best thing since inflatable tires, or sliced bread. LOL because of all the incredibly powerful features, i got rid of all other anti-malware programs i had. i don't think they're needed, at all, but that's just my personal opinion.

you may want to try Kaspersky's forums, too. someone else may have posted about this specific issue, or you can do so. definitely some great Kaspersky specific help to be found there.

Kaspersky forums (English; Home users):
    Code:
    http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showforum=4

12. arnie4

that sound sliek a good idea mte to get rid of some of the other anti malware programs.
    yes i think the same about kis i had it when i first got the computer. then i got a new pc so i had to use a crappy anti virus, now i am with a media company for the broad band and it comes with the package and updates everyday and just runs in the back ground which is what i like and it catches mostly everything.
    thanks for the advice mate will check it out. thinking of getting the new windows 7 or just reinstalling vista again!!
    :):):)

13. cake

cake Corporal

update on the hotfix for KIS 2010: was just posted in the Kaspersky Fan Club English forum (you can look, but you need to register separately to post) that the patch is out...however, i couldn't find the link or info so asked the poster for help. will advise as soon as i get a response (may be a bit since the poster is in Norway, i believe. i'm at GMT -7:00 and he's, well, NOT. LOL).

(btw, cakefordinner at the Lab forums; cake at the Fan Club forums)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  14. arnie4

whats is cakefordinner m8?? is that you then?? my kis is not kis on its own it pc guard also, so it updates it different as its online and just does it maybe twice a day i think.
    am still no further on with anything, am still stuck on the paltalk problem, nothing has happened i found the files delete them could not uninstall it though as i still cannot find it, so downloaded another paltalk and still don't work and i still cannot find it to uninstall it!! :cry

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds