Yahoo email and Firefox..............

Discussion in 'Software' started by Strange1, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Strange1

Strange1 Staff Sergeant

I did a search on here but couldn't find a similiar problem. So here's the deal. I have Firefox as my default browser. I use Yahoo email. Until a day or so ago, no prob. Noticed today that Yahoo email has a new look when I open it with Firefox. When I open it with IE it is the same old Yahoo email. With Firefox it seems to have some graphics (lines etc) missing and colors or missing too. The biggest diff is I cannot reply or forward the emails. Neither can I compose emails. Yesterday I lost my head and downloaded Outpost witout uninstalling other firewalls and really screwed up things. I finally got Outpost uninstalled and all seemed ok until I accessed my email. My OS is XP home. I am on cable broadband. Any help be will appreciated. I guess I got a little carried away because I hadn't crashed my system in months. Must learn my limits.

Jack

2. Solange

Solange Sergeant Major

You need to install a special extension to get the graphics to work on Hotmail and Yahoo in Firefox. You'll find it here. Just install that extension and restart the browser and it will work.

It looks a little bit different from IE, but it is nice and has the same tools.

3. Strange1

Strange1 Staff Sergeant

Thanks Sol.............. had other probs too. this am comp froze up when booting (right after desktop appeared). Fiinally started in safe mode and uninstealled firefox. After running thru AV and checking for malware in safe mode, rebooted. Everything ok. Reinstalled Firefox. Everything ok at this moment. Musta picked up something corrupting in Firefox. Prob w/yahoo email openied with Firefox resolved too. WHEW!!!

Jack

4. Solange

Solange Sergeant Major

I had some problems too in the beginning with Firefox crashing, I think it was one of the extensions that acted up. Try updating the extensions if it happens again, I think that is what solved it for me. At least I haven't crashed since... ;)

Back up your Firefox profile (C, documents and settings, user (you), Application Data (that is a hidden folder), Mozilla, Firefox). That way you won't have to reinstall all extensions and bookmarks if you have to reinstall it! :)

Glad yahoo is solved!

5. general surgery

general surgery Private E-2

Hi Sol

I have a similar problem to STrange1, in that after instaling Firefox as my default browser, I cannot get any emails from people using yahoo email. Is there a fix for this? Thanks

general surgery

6. theefool

theefool Geekified

Did you notice the date that this original thread was created?

The latest was 01/08/05.

I highly recommend starting a new thread.

Start a new thread with your problem. Make sure you post what version of firefox you are using. What OS (operating system 95/98/ME, NT4, 2k, xp, etc).

Also, read this....

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/announcement.php?f=21

7. general surgery

Sorry to be so thick, I am unable to figure out how to start a new thread or enter a new post. Could you give me the dumbed down version? Thanks

8. theefool

theefool Geekified

9. general surgery

Thanks, I appreciate it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds