Yahoo Mail Storage False Report?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jamiko, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Jamiko

Jamiko Sergeant

I have a Yahoo mail account, with the 100MB of free storage. Interestingly, my used portion of that keeps going up even though I am not keeping any new mail.

I'll delete the new messages (all spam) and the empty out the trash and the bulk folders. When I go back to the Inbox it says I am using even more storage space than before. I started out at 1% and now it is at 9%. I do not have any new email stored since this new 100MB expansion occured. My most recent saved mail is from May and I have not sent anything out since then either so nothing is in the sent folder.

I added up the sizes of my mail and it is not anything close to 9MB. It should actually show much less than 1% instead of 9%.

Anyone else seeing odd behavior with Yahoo mail? I don't really use this account any more so I'm not worried, but it sure seems like fishy behavior.

2. krazykrl

krazykrl Sergeant Major

I used my Yahoo! account everyday, and I even have saved mail, and it doesn't even say 1%, it is still at 0! You may want to notify Yahoo!.

3. Jamiko

Jamiko Sergeant

It was at 0 for quite a while, but the last few weeks it keeps going up whenever I empty the trash. Guess I'll stop emptying the trash. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds