Yahoo messenger crashes need help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jettisawn, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Jettisawn

Jettisawn Private E-2

ok ever since i upgraded my messenger from the 6.0 version to the 7.0 version everytime i right click on the messenger window it crashes with no errors displayed, I have tried removing it and reinstalling, removing 7.0 and reinstalling the 6.0 i have also tried removing and then delelting it from my C: drive all with no luck ,,, any suggestions.....

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Are you using a third party skinning application like Window Blinds or AlienGUIse?

Steve

3. Jettisawn

Jettisawn Private E-2

yes i do have window blinds on my computer,,, and i am using it

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

You need to either remove the program, or open the settings, and disable the skinning of Yahoo Messenger / YPager.

You will have to look for it, but WindowBlinds has a "per application" setting to override this.

Let us know.

Steve

5. Jettisawn

Jettisawn Private E-2

I am not using the windows blinds to Skin yahoo messenger and i looked for something similiar on it with no luck of finding a " per application setting"

6. Jettisawn

Jettisawn Private E-2

OK I played around with the windows blinds per application and got it to exclude ypager.exe then applied the skin i was using and messenger works now thanks for the clue,,,,,

7. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

OK. Sorry to leave you hanging there, just got home from work.

Glad you got it figured out. If you get time to reply back, can you let us know where those settings are located. I have a feeling we will see this again and would like to be able to give precise instructions.

Thank's for your time. :)

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds