Yahoo! Messenger irritation

Discussion in 'Software' started by mcsmc, Aug 13, 2008.

1. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

I'm currently using Yahoo! Messenger 9.0.0.1389 BETA. It's wonderful, except for one issue.

Instant Message windows open up to the same size/shape every time, and the size/shape is large and retarded. It doesn't matter if I resize the window, then close it. This happens on IM windows I open to send an IM, or IM windows that open when someone sends me an IM. Is there any way to fix this?

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

It's a Beta :) but there should be a setting in options for default window size.

3. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

I realize it's a beta... however, I wasn't sure if it was a beta issue, or something I was missing. I looked (again) through all of the options, and there's no setting for window size anywhere. Oh well.

4. chaimjm

chaimjm Staff Sergeant

Some of the bugs (I googled this I never use messengers)

1. Opening Preferences Windows result some lag before its opens in Windows Vista, even in Windows XP its work properly as its opens instantly.
    2. Slowly Navigating Preferences Windows on Windows Vista and lags appear whe click on the options
    3. The Placement of Yahoo Messenger list WIndow againt the screen at the right eged and existing, has a result not saving the exact placement. It’s slightly a pixel above and to the left of absolute edge from the screen widows desktops .
    4. Instant Message Windows size not remembering when we exit Yahoo MEssenger. Its also not respecting existing Height and Width registry keys.
    5. Avatars and display pictures seem to automatically "hide" themselves at random, depending if the person signs off or on, or in a chat.
    6. In the “has been automtically ignored for sending too many messages.” message, there’s a typo. Automatically not automtically.
    7. Auto-ignore is too sensitive, resulting if somebody posts over 3 times quickly. I’d extend this to at least 7 in a short time.
    8. There is a server issue or a Messenger issue occurring when using Messenger v9.0.0.1389 where messages are received or sent doubled. People on lower versions of Messenger can confirm it occurs, as messages from a user using v9.0.0.1389 are doubled.
    9. There is still unskinned areas of the voice chat area of the chat window when voice is active, resulting in a dark grey area.
    10. The Messenger list ad, can sometimes overlap the bottom of the window, partially overlapping the Plugins/Add Contact area.
    11. Using "Ignore anyone not on my Messenger List" still results in chat text not being seen.
    12. There is no way to turn off the Messenger tips (in the IM windows) in Messenger, other than a registry key from the v8.1.0.421 build.
    13. In all versions of Messenger, the sign out of chat notification after the 3 hour limit is not received anymore. You don’t receive the exit room packet.
    14. If you have Messenger set to display Nickname or First and Last Name, and your contact details are blank, it’s supposed to show your ID. While it does this, in the process it shows the main ID for all alias IDs.
    15. There is no code to disable the automatic voicing upon chat arrival. None of the Enable Voice keys work anymore.
    16. My Profiles provides no way to turn profile IDs "inactive".
    17. There is no way to perform : emotes in chat rooms.
    18. Changing skins causes the avatar to appear stretched. You have to change the size, then back again to fix it.
    19. Webcams seem to lag Messenger when you close them. Tested on Windows Vista Home Premium.
    20. Taskbar flashing for new messages received in chats don’t work anymore.
    21. MessageFormatting seems to reset at random, and it applies itself to the chat room. It should save, and it shouldn’t apply to the chat window.
    22. On Windows Vista, Messenger’s windows seem to "lag" for at least 15 seconds. If you click on it during this time, Messenger will crash.
    23. Chat room window appears after you exit chats, if you have Messenger minimized to tray and you bring it back up.
    24. Horizontal scrollbar still appears in the chat room user list if you minimize and restore the window.
    25. Yahoo! Messenger is slow to startup and sign-in, and it lags when you exit it.
    26. On Windows Vista, clicking on names and other things, causes the system to beep in error.

5. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

So it is a beta issue. Thanks for finding that for me. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds