yahoo messenger,no voice or sound in rooms

Discussion in 'Software' started by Marlene3369, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Marlene3369

Marlene3369 Private First Class

HP
    Windows 7,

Hi,
    Every thing was working just fine last week,I went into my favorite chat room at yahoo and my voice and sound will not work. I mean you can click on voice for the room but nothing happens and the talk button is greyed out so you cannot push it down to talk. I have been using Messenger 10. so I uninstalled it and deleted all traces of messenger. Then I installed the new Messenger 11. ( clean install ) and I still have the same problem. It's not my firewall or anti virus that's blocking it I checked that out or no new windows updates either. And hears the real kicker I fired up my old pc and downloaded messenger on it and have the same problem with the old PC. ( the old pc has no firewall or antivirus on it ).

PS: My sound works just fine with other programs,it's just in yahoo chat rooms.

2. Marlene3369

Marlene3369 Private First Class

Now I cannot even get into a chat room,keeps telling my my sign in timed out. It is like yahoo is stopping me from entering chat rooms :cry

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds