Yahoo messenger Voice chat problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by geneman, Nov 13, 2005.

1. geneman

geneman Private First Class

Hi Guys

i have a question regarding yahoo messenger voice chat function. yesterday i used a headphone and mic to use yahoo messenger voice chat. i installed the newer version of the program and could connect. today i am not able to. it says "there was problem communicating with voice server". i checked with yahoo troubleshoot and they say to click for this link: http://vc.yahoo.com:5001/ to check if i can connect their voice server. but i cannt.
    i have firewall, so if its causing the prob to know that i exit firewall and tried, but that doesnt help, which means firewall is not the prob most probably.

can some1 plis put some light about what should i do.
    Regards,
    Gene

2. geneman

geneman Private First Class

3. ibbonkers

ibbonkers First Sergeant

make sure yahoo is set to use no firewall or proxy should be on yahoo under settings for connectivity i believe hope this helps

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds