Yeah.. About Music...

Discussion in 'Software' started by ellen46240, Apr 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ellen46240

ellen46240 Private First Class

I'm usually about 2 days late and more than several dollars short.. but recently found a couple 30G Zunes.. a 1090 and 1091, which appeared to be functional. However, unlike every screwdriver in my tool box (which still work, decades later).. these apparently have been dropped by MS. I did find download Zune software, and managed to delete previous files on the first one I tried, but it refuses to "update", and most of the MS help files and FAQs.. are also MIA. I do have VLC loaded for movies and video. Does anyone know a work-around to make one or both of these hook up correctly?

I can connect this one, (and erased it, and forgot it, and reconnected.. ) but immediately I get c00d133c error each time. And I can't log into the Zune site. So it looks as if a MS solution is DOA. And besides... the end may be near, with Trump and Syria, and Russia, and North Korea all with their feathers ruffled.

Suggestions? Punt? Bend over and kiss...
    Any help appreciated.. Jerry

2. Gaming Insider

Gaming Insider Private First Class

Here's a link from microsoft for the last Zune software they released https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27163

However, Zune completely died out in 2015.

Note As of November 15, 2015, the Zune service has been discontinued. This may cause errors when attempting to stream or download content or update the service. For more information, see the Zune retirement FAQ.

Important During the update process, don’t disconnect your Zune player it until the update finishes. The update might take several minutes. During this time, your Zune player might restart several times.

Zune was eventually replaced by Groove Music, which works with the following,
    • Works with Windows 8.1/10, Windows Phone, Web, iOS, Android, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and SONOS

3. ellen46240

Thanks for the reply. The FAQ link however doesn't exist. I previously loaded their most recent Zune program, but it will not "update", (to load new music).. but it was more than willing to erase that loaded by the previous owner!

I was hoping someone on here, with all the traffic and expertise, might be able to suggest different software to load new mp3 files to them. Probably not so lucky! Thanks again!

4. Gaming Insider

Gaming Insider Private First Class

5. ellen46240

Gaming Insider...
    Well.. I looked at the video.. with the click, click, click.. finished. Looked at a second youtube that referenced the first.. with many more instructions.. and then checked out the written instructions on reddit. Sounds good, until examining the comments. It may take 4 days to sort thru those, toss out the "thank yous for saving my (fill in the blank)", and assemble the valid bits. But I'll give it a go and see what happens. Several references were easily as clear as mud.. but picked up my hammer and saw!

I will hope that I'm not opening my computer to trojan-mal-spammer-scammers! So if you, or anyone else out there has experience with the posted routines, or willing to look at the listings.. let me know if you think it looks safe. For all the times my computer was puking, and I came here to restore it's vitality, I don't think I ever did a back up. With this string, I may want a spare computer on standby!

Many thanks for posting the answer to my question. Now I may need a bigger can for all the worms this may generate! LOL Uncharted mouse tango for sure! Will post back if/when it all works! TY

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I just saw this thread. I have a PM in to a poster on another site who owns a Zune. I asked her how she uses hers.
    When I get a reply, I will post here.

7. ellen46240

Excellent! I know MS had all sorts of linked music available to load. But I have all sorts of CDs that I'd like to rip and put on one or both of these. Direct Aux input into my car radio will make it very handy, instead of dragging boxes of CDs around.

Any comments regarding the routine used in Reply 4? (Main concern is being safe and secure). It does look complicated, but hey.. been there before..
    THX

8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

My contact doesn't have the Zune software needed so she contacted a friend in Canada. I'm waiting to hear back.

In the meantime I did some digging. Apparently a Zune isn't like the mp3 players I own. You can't use Windows Explorer to drag and drop files onto the device.
    See if any of this helps.
    First the Zune software download
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27163&751be11f

Then an explanation of how to use WMP with the Zune without the software
    https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-put-songs-on-a-zune-without-zune-software

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds