Yet another Highjack this log

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tater, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Tater

Tater Tot

Any help checking this out would be appreciated. I'm thinking of just backing up all important stuff and switching from XP home to 2000. P.C. just seems tired after a year and a half.

edit: Sorry if log needs to be opened instead of just being seen in the post. I'm not sure how to do that. Print screen? I hit manage attachments and uploaded the log file but it's a link instead of just showing up. :mad:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2004
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Doesnt look like anything nasty in their Tater, maybe a few too many startup items ( O4's ) the Nvidia ones are not needed..... I only have 4 startup items and 1 of them could really go aswell as its Roxio's Drag to Disk!

is your ISP Southwestern Bell? if so that explains O17 and the IP addresses.

if your pc is sluggish I would have a look at whats in your system tray and decide what really needs to startup at boot... update apps can be manually run when and if needed, things like MS Works update could go.. as works doesnt update too often etc etc

Get hold of Regcleaner http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=460 as i find this an easy way to remove anything from the startup list ( plus it backs up what you delete so you can put if back if need be )

as for posting the Hijackthis log... once the log file is open just highlight all the text ( Leftmouse drag over text ) then right click and copy > paste into post.

3. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

You've got WildTangent in there Tater, Pest Patrol lists it as adware but you may want to keep it if you're into certain online games. Info here:

http://www.pestpatrol.com/PestInfo/w/wildtangent.asp

I also don't like the looks of that .tmp file you've got running in your processes. If I were you I'd look in msconfig for whatever is running that, kill it, reboot and then delete that file.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Oh well that one was staring me in the face!

as for the temp file.. a google results in mixed info... could just be a temp file that many apps create.. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=f1d055.tmp&btnG=Google+Search

5. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

But how would a .tmp file be running as a process? That's what puzzles me. I thought only executables could do that. So maybe some kind of nasty wrote a .exe as a .tmp and then ran it? -- at least that what I was wondering.

[Edit] Ok took a closer look at your google search, it's probably harmless.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2004
  6. Tater

Tater Tot

Thanks a lot for the help guys. I'll try all those suggestions.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds