"your computer might be at risk" popup

Discussion in 'Software' started by murderhigh187, Dec 16, 2008.

1. murderhigh187

murderhigh187 Private First Class

the problem is I did "Read and Run Me" and it fixed my malware problem (TY!!!) and it was all great. Then after a few days I noticed there was this chat bubble a bit after I started my computer saying "your computer might be at risk" (no firewall on) and My firewall is on, it just seems to have a delay when I boot my computer. It didnt do this before.

I deleted all the stuff from Read and run me because I thought I wouldnt need them anymore....DOH!

any help would be much appreciated

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Is the chat bubble coming from the taskbar down by the clock and say click here for details? If it is then it should just be Microsoft telling you to turn on Windows Firewall. Are you sure it is turned on or do you use a different Firewall?

3. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

either it's a virus popup (unlikely, since you followed the run&read me first stuff) or more likely windows just doesn't recognize your firewall. to disable this warning, go to:

start menu -> control panel -> security center -> "recommendations" under the "firewall" tab. from there, checkmark the box that says something like "I have a firewall solution that I'll monitor myself." click "ok"

now you shouldn't get that pop up every time you boot up windows (assuming that windows not recognizing your firewall is the problem.)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds