YouTube Downloader Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Goodfortitude, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodfortitude

Goodfortitude Private First Class

Hey all, I just downloaded the youtube downloader freeware from this site. I like it, but every time I try to download it keeps re-asking me for my log in information. Over and over again I type in my log in info and the box just pops back up. It doesn't seem to matter whether I am already logged in or not. What's going on?

2. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

You must remember to put a check mark in the Remember me box when you login to Major Geeks or you will run into issues like this.

3. Goodfortitude

Goodfortitude Private First Class

%&* HUH &%^....Oh....No, I think maybe you misunderstood. I'm not sure. But, the youtube Downloader, it's not downloading correctly. Once I've logged into the youtube site (or not logged into), I try to convert a flv with it and it won't let me because it just keeps popping the log in screen back up. There's only the name and password option in the youtube downloader/converter. It's very frustrating because I keep typing in my login and password and it just keeps asking me for it again over and over and over...and until it accepts my login (which is perfectly good) it won't download or convert files for me.

4. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

Im not quite sure I understand what you are talking about but when I downloaded the youtube downloader, it never asked me for a login/password. I didn’t have to be logged in to youtube to download the videos I wanted, I just selected the url of the youtube video I wanted. pasted it in the box that say "url" of the downloader and hit download. It has worked prefectly for me. One thing just to let you know, the downloader is just that a downloader not a converter.

5. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

I'll just comment that there is a FireFox plugin Download Helper https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006 that is great for downloading YouTube stuff. It doesn't convert but saves as .flv

It is very simple to use; just install and an icon is added to the Navigation bar and becomes animated when a media file can be downloaded. Just click on the icon and choose the file you want to save. Easiest and most powerful downloader that I have found.

Playing .flvs is simple with GOM media player or many others such as VLC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds