YouTube has stopped working...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ®KIM, May 18, 2012.

1. ®KIM

®KIM Private First Class

Don't know whether I'm in the right place for this problem, but I am somewhat frustrated at the moment...

Wanted to play YouTube, but suddenly it doesn't work - the item opens, but the picture/video doesn't come up and just stays black. Seems YT has stopped working in Windows 7 and I'm supposed to upgrade - what do I do? I was also informed that Google Chrome also doesn't work in Windows 7 so now I'm really stuck...

Please help, if possible??? Thanks in anticipation...

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Google chrome works fine in windows seven, id give that a shot and see if its a local issue to whatever browser your using currently.

3. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Try the html5 version of youtube. You stated what OS you are using, but not what browser, that is causing the issue. My guess is that it is a combo of browser and flash issue, or possible issue with what ever system protection software. Who knows, until you post more info.

4. ®KIM

®KIM Private First Class

Good people, somewhere someone must have waved a magic wand, for suddenly - after hours of frustration, and having gone out and returned again, my YouTubes are all working again - could it possibly have been Google itself shutting down the system for maintenance without notifying us common citizens, or would there be some other explanation for this odd behaviour?
    However, whatever the cause, I'm back on track, and I want to thank you for trying to pinpoint the problem and offering solutions.
    Its good to know there are people 'out there' who are always willing to help out whenever problems arise - and you guys and girls are absolute tops!
    Once again, many thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds