youtube videos wont load

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chaos shizzle, Jun 21, 2008.

1. chaos shizzle

chaos shizzle Private E-2

when i click on a video it goes to a white page that say "http 500 internal server error" can anyone tell me whats wrong i downloaded the latest adobe flash player and everything but nothing on youtube will load..

2. Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin Private First Class

are you using google web accelerator or any web accelerator?

3. chaos shizzle

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

A 500 Internal Server Error, means server is unreachable and possibly down for the area that serves you for now.

So how long this been happening for, possible they only last for a day or so, I know its fine for me but as my location is likely different to yours, that is no indication of your area served by googles servers not being offline.

Could try some basic cleanup steps to clear out temporary internet folders and cookies, use http://majorgeeks.com/download4191.html for this and its Cleaner tool.

Which browser are you using?
    After installing the latest Adobe Flash player did you reboot, at times a reboot is needed ot even closing the borwser down when installing browser addons like Flash, so that they install correctly.

What firewall are you using? turn it off to see if that is blocking youtube videos.

5. chaos shizzle

its been lasting for about 2 weeks and no i didnt reboot and my firewall is off

6. chaos shizzle

that clean up thing didnt work

7. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Possibly try this -
    (for XP)
    Start > Run > cmd
    ipconfig /flushdns > Enter
    exit > Enter

(For Vista)
    Go to the start menu and type command in the box. Then right-click on Command Prompt and click Run as administrator. If a User Account Control window pops up, click Continue.
    ipconfig /flushdns > Enter
    exit > Enter

8. chaos shizzle

:confusedno idea what the **** your talking about..

9. chaos shizzle

no idea what the **** your talking about..:confused

10. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds