YouTube videos won't play in AOL

Discussion in 'Software' started by abricru, May 16, 2007.

1. abricru

abricru Private E-2

I was directed here from a post in another forum that said she got help here for this problem, so I apologize if it has already been discussed, but I tried to search for it here and came up empty.

I use Opera, and I can view YouTube videos just fine in it, but my roommate insists on using AOL's browser, and whenever she tries to view one it says, "you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player."

Also, I recently switched from AOL 9.0 to 9.0VR, and before removing the old AOL version, I checked to make sure she could view YouTube videos, and it was working then (just a few days ago). Now, suddenly I get the message about JavaScript and the Flash Player.

I tried uninstalling and installing the Flash Player again, and I also dowloaded the latest Java, but it has not helped. I don't know what to check next. Thanks for any help. :)

2. abricru

abricru Private E-2

Well, I tried reinstalling the new version of AOL, and now I can view YouTube videos again, in case anybody else has this problem. Thanks.

3. splitt3r

splitt3r You are now the victim of a drive by title change

just use firefox or opera, AOL is garbage.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds