ZA Suite Blocks Internet???

Discussion in 'Software' started by Speculant, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

my ZA Security Suite blocks all internet access, the only fix is if I change the "Internet Zone Security" firewall setting to "medium".

can anyone help me or clarify that this is an issue?

my OS is Windows XP Home Edition SP3

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yes its an issue, with at least 6 threads posted yesterday on it, one of the latest Security hotfixes from MSFT in KB951748 with is to do with a security uptae to TCP/IP Stack caused ZA to block internet access as its "whitelist" MD5 for these core files that where being changed to where different than that of the new ones.

One fix is that in reducing the Internet Zone slider to Medium, another is to reset the ZA database, however the best bet thats banded around at present is to uninstall KB951748 for the moment until Checkpoint the makers of ZA fix this.

Vista is not affected, neither are any other firewall applications, Press Statment from Checkpoint http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/pressReleases/2008/LossOfInternetAccessIssue.html

3. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

No, I believe that new, updated versions of all ZoneAlarm's Firewalls are available for download at their homepage. Happened just a few hours ago. Link here.

4. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

thanks cordialis, all problems fixed!!

5. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Great! :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds