Zemana Anti-keylogger not listed in M G Lists

Discussion in 'Software' started by gail22, Jan 7, 2012.

1. gail22

gail22 Private E-2

Hi,

Someone's been stalking and torturing me for a few years now. I don't know if it's him, or some malware, but in early November my pc began having problems (specifically with Newsbin - got changed, and dl's have been disappearing), but other weird stuff happened, too, such as programs getting incompletely uninstalled (media programs, like Nero and ImgBurn, etc.), and my Outlook Express mail disappearing, but luckily I was able to reimport it somehow.

I have running:

AVG free personal antivirus
    PC Tools Free Personal Firewall
    SUPERAntiSpyware Pro
    Spyware Blaster free personal edition
    and sometimes Peer Block

Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3 (desktop, circa 2006)

So I did a quick and panicked Google search for "best anti-keylogger" and found Zemana spoken highly of (but I don't know if they were trustworthy forums), so I downloaded and installed it for a free 15 day trial period.

It did warn me when Opera wanted to "inject code into my OS", but there's no way to run updates on it. I wrote to customer support and they said it doesn't need to be updated because it works differently... huh?!

So I was searching the entire MajorGeek's listings of antispyware, and you don't list Zemana anywhere. Is that because it's no good, or the license costs too much?

You also don't list Revo Uninstaller, which I've found to be pretty good. Why is that?

Is Zemana a fake, malware anti-keylogger??? I'm going to uninstall it now, but I'm in a really upsetting situation. I did dl SpyShelter Free Personal, which IS on your list, though, but haven't installed it yet. Should I install it before or after I uninstall Zemana?

Thanks for any help.

G.:-o

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  2. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

Hi Gail, Welcome to Major Geeks.

Judging from the sound of things, you should probably start with the:

READ & RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide (incl. spyware, virus, trojan, hijacker) and then start a new thread in Malware Removal forum.

You're right, I don't see Zemana listed for download. Might take a look at these two:
    http://majorgeeks.com/Anti-keylogger_d2125.html, shareware, or
    http://majorgeeks.com/KeyScrambler_d5885.html, freeware.

Try browsing through: http://majorgeeks.com/downloads16.html

Revo Uninstaller: http://majorgeeks.com/Revo_Uninstaller_d5706.html

3. gail22

gail22 Private E-2

Hi Plastidust,

Thank you very much for your rely.

A few years ago, I did do everything listed in the Malware pre-posting instructions, and I remembered it as being kind of complicated, and I'm so exhausted, I was hesitant to go through it again.

Pretty much the only thing I do anymore is run scans, and I was furious with SUPERAntiSpyware because they took 4 days off, over New Year's, without ANY UPDATES AT ALL!

I guess I should do that whole Malware instructional thing again, even though I dread it. And thank you VERY much for the links you provided to anti-keyloggers.

The stalker freak has cameras and bugs everywhere in here, so he might have had access via seeing me type in my passwords, so now I cover the keyboard and monitor with a dark coat over my head, and them, whenever I have to type a new password. Also, I disconnect my modem, and I put my screensaver back on whenever I'm not physically at the computer, which is NOT convenient for me, depending on what I'm doing. (The police are no help - I have to prove what he's doing, which costs $$$, and then they have to "catch him in the act"!!!! What kind of protection is THAT????)

As of yesterday, nothing had been changed, which is good.

Thank you again for everything you suggested, and linked.

I'll start trying to slog through everything you recommended. I'm glad you do list Revo. I think it's really good (but I'll have to get the paid version to clear out all the junk left behind by the incomplete uninstalls *I* didn't do).

I'm so depressed I just want to die. If can't get rid of the POS that's torturing me, I'm going to kill myself. He's already destroyed what little freedom I had left.

G.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds