Zone Alarm suddenly shuts down...

Discussion in 'Software' started by dsbnh, Apr 17, 2004.

1. dsbnh

dsbnh Private E-2

Recently while I was scanning for trojans, with TrojanHunter (and cleaning my temporary internet folder), Zone Alarm Pro decided to shut down. The program quickly asked me if I wanted True Vector back up but I am wondering if this perhaps was the reaction of a malicious program inside the PC or if sometimes it happens and I shouldn't be particularly worried...

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Sounds like a virus/worm of some sort. A lot of them do that these days. Try downloading : Stinger BUT before you run it, change the name of the executable. That could fool the worm enough to stop it from closing it.

3. dsbnh

dsbnh Private E-2

Thanks

I am running the file now, thanks for the link. I was stealthed so it suprised me even more, not that ti prevents it of course but it just sort of did. I am clean apparently, thank you. I also scanned with the aforementioned applications and avast.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds