Zonealarm instead of Norton Firewall

Discussion in 'Software' started by TheOldThug, Jul 7, 2006.

1. TheOldThug

TheOldThug First Sergeant

Hello everyone. I just got a computer with Norton internet security on it. If I want to use Zonealarm Firewall instead, can I just disable the firewall that norton provides. I dont think I can just uninstall the firewall portion of Norton.

2. DAKz

DAKz Corporal

Not really sure here but it seems to me that you can go to Add/Remove click change and get the Norton setup from there you can remove certian Norton Componets. It may have to do with which Norton you have. If nothing else re-install Norton chose custom install click the firewall and the submenu click item "Will not be installed" It may be different so don't quote me exactly to the wording as I said it depends on the version of norton and my memory. Hope this helps.

3. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I'm using Norton Personal Firewall 2002 and I can disable it from it's control panel. I would think all versions provide this capability. But, as the previous poster said, I believe you CAN uninstall just the Norton Personal Firewall part of your Norton suite. At least, from having used Norton System Works 2002 in the past, I know components can be selectively installed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds