Zonealarm or SpyBot is my probelm??

Discussion in 'Software' started by mommysews, Jan 10, 2009.

1. mommysews

mommysews Private E-2

Hi!

I made the mistake of clicking on one of the card.exe links one afternoon when I was in a rush, tired and not thinking straight... I knew right away that it was _bad_ and stopped the process. I then found the file name 627c0a3hpc0a3a.exe and deleted it from my downloaded program files. I then downloaded zone alarm free trial and ran it. It found nothing on a virus scan, I downloaded and updated and ran Spybot ... it found the Virtumonde.sci and deleted/fixed it. I downloaded and ran Vundofix ... it found nothing on scan. I reran Spybot after rooboot and it came back clean. Zonealarm shows nothing.

However .... my system is now slow to impossible to navigate ... I can not log onto Windows at start-up without Control-Alt-deleting several times ... it won't allow other users to log on without the CAD log into my main user and then doing switch user ... the whole thing is making me crazy ... I am ready to just unload the Zonealarm program and/or the Spybot program ...

We are just a little family running a basic desktop computer to check email, do online banking and search the web/Ebay ... I just want it to run and don't know what else to do ...

If someone might be able to give me some ideas, I would be grateful.

Thanks a bunch! Julia

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  2. mommysews

mommysews Private E-2

Hi again...

FWIW ...

I have done:
    - ensured that only 1 firewall in running (Zone Alarm)
    - Run Defrag with Smart Defrag
    - Deleted all Java Files (not yet reloaded)
    - Looked for any malware in my add/remove (none seen)
    - run CCleaner (twice) and the fix for Sys Reg entries
    - enabled viewing of hidden files/folders
    - checked my start-up entries (saw nothing odd)
    - set my msconfig to normal start up

.... I have also run spybot ... I'll try the others in malware .... but it takes literally 10 minutes just to log off & reboot each time ... sigh ...

Still hoping for some help ... Julia

3. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

if you think you have malware issues, here is a link to the malware section. they should be able to help you out better.

4. avair

avair Private E-2

Try running Trend Micro Housecall google it

5. mommysews

mommysews Private E-2

Thank you very much. :eek:)

Should I just repost my entire message over in Malware ... or should I continue with the XP Cleaning steps first?

Sorry to ask so many dumb questions ...

Thanks again! Julia

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds