zonealarm security suite acting strange....

Discussion in 'Software' started by Speculant, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

whenever i scan my system for viruses/spyware with zonealarm security suite, the zonealarm software creates alerts for itself! it only creates alerts for some files, especially .dll and certain kinds of movie files

in order for the scan to complete, i have to click "allow" about 50 or 60 times...

help!

(here is a screenshot of what it looks like: )
    [​IMG]

2. comperroruter

comperroruter Darth Meatloaf

All you have to do is click the box that says Apply this setting... and then click Allow. Then it will automatically allow any warnings about itself to pass by. Might try to reinstall it or see if it needs an update. Only do the settings thing if you are comfortable with it finding itself as a threat, I am not sure what that means. Could be you clicked Deny once upon a time when it gave the warnings and now it prompts because of that. Someone else will have more of an idea of what is going on.

3. Speculant

i already tried to check "apply these changes..", but it didn't make a difference

these popups don't happen during spyware scans, only virus scans

4. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

5. Speculant

i reinstalled zonealarm and everything fixed itself...but thanks for the link, i'll keep it saved in case the problem ever happens again

6. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Glad you got it fixed :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds