Zonealarm Update Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by mstevo, May 9, 2008.

1. mstevo

mstevo Private E-2

Hi All,

Updated Zonealarm from vers. 6 to 7.0 encountered a problem whilst re-installing updated. Now come up with errors upon launching PC and trying to install both older versions and latest version of Zonealarm...
    1st error on user setup screen is vsmon.exe Application error

2nd error is LaunchApplication.exe - Unable to Locate Component on Desktop

3rd error is when trying to load zonealarm (any version) vsmonexe - Ordinal Not Found (The ordinal 800 cound not be located in the dynamic link library ssleay32.dll.

4th error is when loading...Setup is unable to log into the TrueVector service. Install cannot continue without logging into the TrueVector service. Please use the service manager to shunt down the TrueVector service and then restar the install program.
    (unable to restart in service manager) errors out.

Could someone please give me some guidance of which way to go from here...

cheers

mstevo

2. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

OK,firstly,uninstall everything consider Zone alarm(both 6 and 7 version),and install fresh one on your comp.
    BTW,why do you want to install this resoucehog app. when you have far more good app's that is a freeware?(Comodo firewall,Avast,AVG)

3. mstevo

mstevo Private E-2

Thanks for the reply,

I have tried to uninstall both using the control panel and CC Cleaner with no success.(It comes up with errors) I have no problems using another program (Combo Firewall) but I will still receive errors upon launching the OS system. Also to throw a spanner in the works I'm now receiving annoying pop-ups even though I have not launched IE.

Do I manual delete any files associated with Zonealarm, any advice would be great...

thanks in advance...

mstevo

4. mstevo

mstevo Private E-2

Re: Zonealarm Update Problem {Solved}

Hi All,

Fixed issues read below:

First start PC in safe mode:

To remove ZoneAlarm completely from your computer in case normal uninstall can’t be run or doesn’t run properly, do the following:

* Right click the ZoneAlarm systray icon and click Restore ZoneAlarm Control Center.
    Go to Overview > Preferences and uncheck Load ZoneAlarm at startup.
    Close Control Center, right click the icon again and then click Shutdown ZoneAlarm.
    Note: If you're unable to carry out this step because the icon is missing, you can skip it and proceed with the next steps, but in this case do them all in safe mode!

* REBOOT

* Go to Start > Programs > ZoneLabs and click Uninstall, or uninstall ZA using Control Panel > Software > Add/Remove Programs.
    If a security check appears, click Yes and continue the uninstall procedure.

* REBOOT

* Make sure hidden files and folders are shown. To do so open Windows Explorer. Depending on your OS click Tools or View and then Folder Options > View.
    Choose Show hidden files and folders, uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Windows 2000/XP/2003 only) and click OK.

* Next go to Start > Search > Files and Folders. Make sure the location box is set to search your Local Hard Drive (usually C:\ ) or All Local Drives. Also make
    sure the Advanced Search Options are set to search subfolders and hidden files. Now copy the entire line below, paste it into the search box and click Search Now.

Zonelabs; "zone labs"; "Internet logs"; vsconfig.xml; vsdata.dll; vsdata95.vxd; vsdatant.sys; vsmon.*; vsmonapi.dll; vsnetutils.dll;vspubapi.dll; zaplus.*; zapro.*; zllictbl.dat; zlparser.dll; zonealarm.exe; zoneband.dll; vsutil.dll; zlclient.*

A list of files and folders belonging to ZoneAlarm will appear in the Search Results pane.
    Note: if you’re using McAfee software be sure to check the vsutil.dll if found: right click the file and choose Properties. Verify it belongs to ZoneLabs.
    If it does not do not remove it. Now proceed by deleting all ZoneLabs files and folders that were found.

* Empty the Recycle Bin.

* Now remove all ZoneLabs keys that may be left in the Windows registry. To do this copy the lines below and paste them into Notepad.
    Save the file as zabegone.reg, double click it and allow for the registry changes to be made.

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ZAMailSafe]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Zone Labs]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Zone Labs]

[-HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Zone Labs]

* REBOOT

ZoneAlarm will now be completely removed from your computer. If you wish to install a new copy of ZA, be sure to do so under an administrator account
    with full rights and permissions.

thanks all..

cheers

mstevo

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds