How To Listen To Phone Music On My Stereo?

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Hardware' started by GoshenGeek, Dec 26, 2023.

1. GoshenGeek

GoshenGeek Corporal

To use my stereo system speakers to listen to music stored on my phone, I connect a 3.5mm male plug from my stereo to the female headset jack on my old phone. Sounds wonderful!

The new phone I am purchasing does not have a female headset jack. Am I correct that what I need is a Bluetooth receiver / transmitter with a female headset jack? So I would pair this device with my phone and plug the 3.5mm stereo plug into the device?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Sorry, I really have no experience with that. Our phones all still have a 3.5mm jack as well as bluetooth.

The easiest thing to do would be to continue to use the old phone with the stereo. We have an old cell phone with no cell service. I put Christmas music on it and we listen to the music on it.

You can use the new phone when you are out but the old phone inside with your stereo system.

3. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

4. plodr

the mekanic, what you show is not what he needs. The stereo has a 3.5 mm plug. He wants 3.5mm to bluetooth so he can use a phone equipped with bluetooth because he will be unable to plug it in to the stereo system.

I imagine he wants something like this
    https://www.amazon.com/3-5-mm-bluetooth-adapter/s?k=3.5+mm+bluetooth+adapter
    which I have no experience with.
    Note how it mentions home stereo.

5. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

6. plodr

Sorry, the mechanic, I missed where he still intends to plug in the phone. To me, it is easier to put a plugable, bluetooth adapter in the stereo and NOT worry about tethering the phone to the stereo.

I use bluetooth speakers and the freedom of not having to plug something in is pleasant. I can move the phone pretty far away from the speaker and still get sound.

the mekanic likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds