Wi-fi Card Upgrade

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by ZACCCC1, Mar 9, 2024.

1. ZACCCC1

ZACCCC1 Private E-2

I've recently switched to a cheaper Internet Service Provider, one of the reasons being that I would get three times the speed. Instead, my speed has gone down, and now I can't even access my bank on my mobile phone when I'm in the house. I phoned the ISP, and they told me that the Wi-Fi card in my PC was only 2.4 ghz, whereas it should be 5 ghz. I can't understand this, because accessing the app on my phone shouldn't be affected by the Wi-Fi card that's in my PC, I wouldn't have thought? Can anyone advise on this please?

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

It shouldn't. You seem to be finding out exactly why they are cheaper.

3. ZACCCC1

ZACCCC1 Private E-2

Exactly what I was thinking!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds