Hello, Glad To See An Actual Forum Still Active.

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by curiouslywritten, Mar 15, 2024.

1. curiouslywritten

curiouslywritten Private E-2

Hello! I have been visiting this site for years to find software I need or mess with ones I dont. I was searching around for a recent issue and found there was a forum people actually still used! These forums have always been my favorite part of the internet and I think the worst thing about Facebook is that they killed these forums with their horribly designed groups.

My name is Randy and I am from Kansas City, MO. I have been messing around with computers since the 80s and the interest has never left me. I have carpal and cubital tunnel in both arms for my troubles.

Other than that, I am a single girl dad and have some pets. I am a reseller who helps liquidate estates and businesses, mostly specialize in selling vintage housewares, electronics, and collectibles but usually have a bit of everything. I left the corporate world after 20 years and hope to never return!

Hopefully, I can help someone with some issues and hopefully get some help in return!

Fred_G, grimaccce and LauraR like this.
  2. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Welcome to the forum. Fancifully enough, we're all machines too. stack.jpg

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to the forums. It's quieted down here since the start but we still get plenty of traffic, especially in our help forums.

4. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

I'm just here to cause chaos and get likes.

5. curiouslywritten

That's my general creed but I don't care about the likes!

6. curiouslywritten

It is amazing how quickly the phpbb forums died. A couple of them I posted on for years had people that posted all day long and communities of hundreds of thousands of people and within months, they withered away. I log in every few months to keep my account active but there are maybe a few post a month mostly asking if anyone is still there. I wish they would make a comeback but Discord is probably as close as we will get.

7. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

They did sort of go pretty quickly when they went. People move on to the newer shiny things that are perceived to be better. We've done pretty well most likely because we are primarily a computer support forum to our main site which hosts software.

8. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

It was because I left for a while. My bad. :D

I have returned to sparkle and sprinkle the forums with my borderline inappropriate one-liners!

Fred_G and LauraR like this.
  9. grimaccce

grimaccce Private E-2

welcome from australia

10. curiouslywritten

I actually went to a forum today I hadn't been on in years thinking it would still be somewhat active because it is the forum of a popular fantasy author and his series is very popular (Jim Butcher of the Dresden Files). Other than a couple threads that are still going, the forum just completely died in 2019 which was before the last book came out. It is like everyone left town in a hurry. There is no sign of them evening moving to another place.

11. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

They're probably waiting for everyone else. I know here, I was super active - OG geek - until life got in the way, then I would check in from time to time, but people slowly stopped posting, so I had nothing to reply to. Now I make a menace of myself in "the Lounge" hoping some of them will come back.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds