Wifi Connection Dropping But Only For One Device.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mistahman, Mar 27, 2024.

1. Mistahman

Mistahman Private E-2

Good day everyone,

I have a computer connected to wifi through a wifi adapter, more precisely a TP-Link AC1300 High Gain Wireless MU Mimo USB Adapter. Lately, every once in a while, maybe once or twice a week, the connection will drop tho I show as being connected to the router but it does clearly say "No internet". Every other device in the house still works connected to the same router. At that point I have tried to disconnect and reconnect, unplug the adapter and replug it, to no avail. I will show as connected to my router but with no internet connection and the only way to resolve this is to reboot the computer entirely at which point I'm reconnected as if nothing happened. What could be the issue here? Where should I look to resolve this?

Thanks ahead.

2. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Basic prerequisite would be to reinstall the driver. Does the adapter have the latest firmware installed?

3. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Go into the properties on that device and verify that power control to always on.

4. Mistahman

Mistahman Private E-2

Uninstalled and reinstalled the latest driver and the latest firmware is installed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds