Change Background Images Missing In Panda Free Av

Discussion in 'Software' started by tritonobx, Mar 26, 2024.

1. tritonobx

tritonobx Staff Sergeant

Occcurred in latest version from Panda site or here. When clicking on the change background button under settings, there are no backgrounds to view. I've never seen this in Panda Free. No clues in Panda forums or the web.

2. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

Is this because "Panda" has downloaded the background files into a different location that (presumably) MS Windows is looking for the backgrounds?

3. tritonobx

tritonobx Staff Sergeant

I did look in program files and data, and user related folders but didn't detect anything. Maybe a fix coming in an update or new v.

4. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

OK. You could try uninstalling/re-installing the Panda AV, to see if that resets its configuration.

One inconsistency is, why would an anti-virus have the capability for changing your desktop backgrounds (given that its primary purpose is anti-viral), and why not use the MS Windows background selection? Which version of MS Windows are you using? Are you seeing a correlations between viruses on your system and backround images, hence you were resorting to using Panda AV to do this? You should be able to scan the downloads of background images and imsge packs before you use them, irrespective of the application that can set the MS Windows background.

Have you reviewed other posts at the Panda AV Free Forum for solutions, not just your own post, e.g., Panda AV Icon Keeps Disappearing - Panda Security Forum.

5. tritonobx

tritonobx Staff Sergeant

I had reinstalled Panda but the issue remained. The backgrounds I refer to are changeable pics for the Panda user interface, not Windows desktop backgrounds. The AV Icon thread in their forum is a different issue than this. I think Panda will have to fix the problem.

6. tritonobx

tritonobx Staff Sergeant

Resolved. After moving to Bitdefender I installed the current Panda version again from MG. Suddenly these Panda UI background pics have been restored.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds