Ancient Mg History - A Dark Chapter

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wenchie, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

So, I found these on my hard drive. A billion years ago, at least 10 since the last time they moved computers, the forum guys and I thought it would be super fun to make a Major Geeks "Pin up" calendar.

You guys... You guys. I made these with a mouse in PSP6, circa like 2003 and they are TERRIBLE. And also hilarious.

I do miss these days though, because the forums were alive, with non-stop banter and people collaborating on ideas. Even if monstrosities like this were the end result.

FILE6279.JPG saved (888).PNG geek1.png geek2.png

joffa likes this.
  2. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

A bit before my time but still cool to see old MG history. Please post more if you can? :cool:
    I was an MG lurker from around 2006 and finally joined up in 2012. For the first 15 years MGs was a very social forum with a lot of funny members chiming in on posts with smart comments but now sadly, the forum is in decline. Sad to see......I guess nothing is forever and people just move on or there are big changes in their real world circumstances surfing the net is a lower priority :(

Thanks for posting Wenchie :D:cool:

3. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

I think if we interact with eachother and regale eachother with nonsense, lurkers will join in and it will get hopping again :)

4. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

AI kinda makes doing it myself seem silly
    [​IMG]

5. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

It would be good if this happens but I think most Gen Z folk are more into mainstream social media than tech forums.......I know my kids are ;)

6. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

Pfft. The Gen X'ers are more fun anyway. Case in point.

motc7 likes this.
  7. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

Nah, Millenials is where it's at ;)

motc7 likes this.
  8. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

I don't remember when we actually started naming the generations and then drawing imaginary lines in the sand. But I've come to dislike it. Especially when older ones call the younger ones names, because MY DUDES those are YOUR KIDS and you raised them that way, it's 900% your fault. They like... don't seem to understand that.

fleppen likes this.
  9. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

Yeah, it's completely and utterly silly. Agreed.

10. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

My nephew is being raised completely different. He's not the type who would go to a protest, and whine about fart spray...

11. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

Fart spray? Who whines about the poop-pourie? Inquiring minds want to know.

12. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

13. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

Oh it smelled LIKE farts, not covered up fart smell. It's whiney b*tch, but I'll call... fair. Ish.

14. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

This is what I love about these forums....at some point, farts are going to come up. LOL

15. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

If have kids of a certain age, bodily function is a daily/hourly discussion.

16. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

A certain age being boys between the ages of 4 and dead.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds