Macrium Reflect Eight

Discussion in 'Software' started by PDN, Apr 26, 2024.

1. PDN

PDN Private First Class

I bought Macrium a year ago and the support has expired however I still can use it.
    My problem is I am unable to read the contents of the image file particularly at documents I can drill down to it but when I get two documents the file will not open or it does open and nothing's there.
    I have exhausted Google. Could you help?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Macrium can create two different image types - disc or system images (.mrimg files) or file and folder images (.mrbak files). As it seems you want to recover document files I assume it's a .mrbak file you are trying to open up. To do so you have to mount the backup file, which allocates a new drive letter in explorer. You can then open the individual files in the backup.

Open Reflect and click on Existing Backups - File and Folder tab. Right click the .mrbak file you want and select Browse Backup. Tick the box and OK and a new Explorer box will open in which you can access your folders and files.

Imaging programs like Macrium generally aren't suitable for inexperienced users. Backup software that keeps your files in their original state are much simpler to use but of course, a lot less secure.

plodr likes this.
  4. PDN

PDN Private First Class

Thank you so much for all the work you did I really appreciate it I want to finish a thread that I had started. There was corruption within my operating system because when I reinstalled it the process of drilling down to a macrium image to a file was very simple.
    I found it odd that I never got a notification in my windows mail that Magic Geeks had replied but thank you anyway.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds