Where Would You Time-travel, If It Were Possible?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wenchie, Apr 29, 2024.

1. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

What would you want to see and why?

Would you change anything? Likewise, do you believe in time-travel paradox, and if so does it affect your answer at all?

2. Goddess Bastet

Goddess Bastet First Sergeant

Ancient Egypt to see the Pyramids being built.

SCT Guy and Wenchie like this.
  3. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

I would like to see that too. In 2013 in the Egyptian desert, a few miles inland from the Red Sea, papyri written in hieroglyphics and hieratic from 4,600 years ago written by men who participated in the building of the Great Pyramid were discovered. Thye show a massive shipping, mining and farming economy was created to source goods from one end of Egypt to the other to get it built. It's fascinating.

I don't know if I can pick just one thing I would like to see. I have soooooo much curiosity. But I think I might go back to my youth and tell myself "Kevin's are bad" and see how I screwed up my life differently...

Fred_G likes this.
  4. XoXgaming

XoXgaming Corporal

I would go back to the time when a OS would run correctly.giggles.

5. Bob D

Bob D Private E-2

I think I would like to relive some of my early life. Correct some of the dumb mistakes I made.

Wenchie and SCT Guy like this.
  6. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Moon landing on TV in '63. Also, could I possibly be in orbit just before the asteroid hits in the Yucatan?

7. Goddess Bastet

We’d discover whether the Pyramids required ramps to move the stones or other means.
    The builders’ tombs were found close to the Great Pyramid so they weren’t built by slaves as people seem to continually suggest.

8. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Well, we've got pictures. Fancifully enough, for large pyramids just add water...
    https://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.112.175502#authors
    Egypt water stone.png

9. Goddess Bastet

Thanks, I’m wondering how they moved the stones up to the Pyramid after the first base layer was set - did they use ramps or something else. It is this which has never been answered afaik.

10. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

I think it's fascinating that we think they couldn't do xyz things because it was so long ago, but there's evidence that there were several forms of pretty advanced technology that were lost in time with the burning of Alexandria and the Dark Ages. I think I would go back and see all of it, to see how it was different than our understanding of it all.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds