Got Home, The Hot Water Line Was Busted...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fred_G, May 5, 2024.

1. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

The wife and I had an awesome few days in Arkansas. We toured the gun factory, shot a lot of guns, had some great fellowship. We get home, and water is everywhere. The output line of the hot water tank sprung a leak. All of our clothes were soaked.

2. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

Jeez Fred that is bad news :(
    Is the leak inside the roof or inside a wall? Can you fix it or will you need to get a plumber? I hope you don't need to make a claim on insurance because you can bet the premiums will go up next year;)
    Over here in Australia plumbers charge more than doctors :rolleyes::eek: Just had a leaky washer changed on one of the toilets and it was $150 for the callout and another $250 to replace the washer so all up $400 sheeesh:eek::eek: The dude was only here for fifteen minutes and five minutes of that was talking to another customer on his phone :(
    Good luck cleaning up the mess and I hope it all goes well :cool:

Fred_G likes this.
  3. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

A few years back the line broke on my water heater too. Before anyone knew it was busted there was 6 inches of water in the basement, and it was disintegrating things, like boxes. By the time we got it drained and cleaned up, there were Salamanders living down there. It was a mess.

Fred_G likes this.
  4. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I cut the water off, took a trip to Home Depot. My first plumbing fix that did not involve cursing (except for finding water everywhere). We had some stuff we just deemed unsalvageable, but overall, the trailer is in good shape, dried out, and we have hot water. We washed a TON of clothes... Nothing like a sprinkler going off in your closet...

And I don't have insurance that would cover it. We will have to have some sheetrock replaced soon. I have to qualify with the Sheriff's department Wednesday morning, new boss gave me Monday and Tuesday off. Back to the dark nights Wednesday...

It could have been a lot worse.

Wenchie and joffa like this.
  5. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Some plumbers here charge $300 just to show up... Don't get me wrong, plumbers earn their $, but jeez...

joffa likes this.
  6. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

My brother was a plumber and HVAC guy for a lot of years. If he wont fix it for me, I'm telling mom.

joffa and Fred_G like this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds