View Single Post
Old 11-25-12, 23:13
Private E-2

Default Re: Malware / Virus Really Working Over PC

Chaslang,

When installing it I get a Setup Error Screen that states Class not Registered, ClassID: {00021401-0000-0000-C000-0000000000046}. After clicking OK about 10 times it completes and asks to restart the computer. When the computer restarts I can see that Spybot 2 is running in the task bar and I can start a scan from there, however, in the start menu the Spybot Search & Destroy entry is "Empty" (no executable). I am having the same "Class Not Registered" issue with any installs I try to do. I tried installing Norton Antivirus and it would not install either.

When I go to Add and Remove Programs I clicked "Remove" for Spybot S&D it did uninstall this time though. When I rebooted it was no longer in the Task Bar, however, I did still find SDCleaner as a Startup Item in the System Configuration Utility. No services looked to be left over though.

I finished the MGTools work and I am attaching the logs for your reference. I really appreciate your help! The computer is certainly doing much better already.

Jeff
Attached Files
File Type: zip MGlogs.zip (322.7 KB, 4 views)