right-click menu is invisible

Discussion in 'Software' started by sable51, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sable51

sable51 Private E-2

Hi,

I'm not sure what I did, but my right-mouse click is invisible. I can see where the shadow of the box is but I can't see any of the menu items. Would someone please tell me what I need to change to get this back? Within the last few days, I have run a registry cleaner, but the right-menu click was still working afterwards, so I'm not sure just what I may have done since.

hp pavilion 763n, win xp w/sp2,

Thanks for any help...Diane

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

If you cleaned the register and started having the problem, try restoring from the register cleaner and if that doesn't work, you may have to do a full system restore. You might have removed something that wasn't meant to be. :D(I've done that):D Got to be careful with some of them!

3. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Just a few things you might check.

1. Right click on a blank area of the Task Bar > Properties > Start Menu > Customise and check 'Enable Dragging and Dropping'

AND

2. System Properties > Advanced > Performance > Settings > Visual Effects. Try changing this to "best performance." Then test the right click menus again.

Steve

4. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

I had that happen too. My computer was also lagging for some time, had a few errors, etc., I think it just got pooped out! lol I took the drastic route and had the computer reformatted/reinstalled XP, works great.

5. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

:eek: I didn't read this correctly. If it was working after the cleaning, then a restore from the cleaner won't work.Follow Matacumbie's advice before doing the system restore;)

6. sable51

sable51 Private E-2

Thanks Musksnipe, Oooops, and Matacumbie for replying to my plea for help.

Matacumbie, I tried the task-bar thing and drag & drop was already checked. When I did the thing with "better performance", I got my right click menu back, but my color schemes changed. Well, I got the right click menu back so thanks a bunch for your help! I appreciate your help tremendously. I will probably be back because I have had a lot of things going on with my computer that I have been working on! One thing just seems to lead to another, but I am gradually working on it. Thanks again... Diane

7. Renoster

Renoster Private E-2

Hi Sable 51. Restoring the register did the trick for me. My theme was restored, context & start menus visible again. Relief!
    Restore registry from latest restore point. Naturally. :p

8. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi...this is a 6 year old thread, so chances are the person fixed the issue or, more likely, doesn't even have the computer anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds