sidefind removal

Discussion in 'Software' started by esox2, Sep 3, 2004.

1. esox2

esox2 Private E-2

I have sidefind in my add/remove programs.....when I removed it I had serious problems with my os......I got it fixed but still have sidefind...Can anyone help me.........I am running winows 98 version......I ran a virus scan adware scan and spy scan........But nothing came up....anyone have some thoughts on this?

2. Crimson_Wolf82

Crimson_Wolf82 Private E-2

I have no experience with "sidefind", but I find that alot of times in Windows 98, when you attempt to remove a program then have problems before it finishes, then get everything working normally again, then check the add/remove list and it is still there, it has in fact been removed (or most of it's files have been removed, and it can no longer function), it simply cannot be removed from Add/Remove programs list (for one reason or another).

Usually when this happens and I try to remove again (using Add/Remove Programs) a prompt comes up telling me it appears to have been removed already, would I like to remove it from the list? This happens sometimes and a fiew times the forementioned prompt does NOT appear, it tries to remove it again but then comes up with errors saying that various files could not be removed. I dont know if either of these applies to you so I'll write a 3'rd paragraph.

Assuming that "Sidefind", is one of those STUPID "Search" bars that attach themselves to I.E. I would recomend (Before Uninstalling),
    1) Open Internet Explorer
    2) open the View Menu
    3) move over to the "Toolbars" option
    4) in the submenu that appears see if you can find anything that hints at "Sidefind" and uncheck it (if it is checked).
    5) Close ALL instances of Internet Explorer before trying to uninstall.

that is about the best I can do with the information provided. maby you could discribe the "Serious Problems" you had with your O.S. before trying it again so we can tell you how to avoid them before trying it again.

3. esox2

esox2 Private E-2

Is this a type of spyware?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds