Recovering The Administrator Password For Windows XP - PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Software' started by TAllen7, Jul 10, 2006.

1. TAllen7

TAllen7 Private E-2

First question ... can it be done if my account isn't the administrator account?

Okay, here's my problem (I don't know where else to turn, so I signed up on these message boards, hoping that I could find a solution).

I got this computer about 4 years ago. When my mom gave it to me, she had all this crazy anti-this, anti-that software on it. She also setup the administrator account, limiting me from installing programs and removing programs, which are the only 2 things I really need to do again. Anyway, eventually she made my account the administrator one and all was well. Over time my computer loaded up with viruses, adware and spyware. It ran so slow too, and I got to the point where I had to use the image restore disks to take it back to when I originally got it. So it runs perfectly now, the only problem being that I don't know the administrator password. She can't recall it either, so I'm a sitting duck. Now I can't access a lot of things, which include installing and removing programs.

My question is, is there anyway to recover that password from a different user account? A very limited user account, at that.

The administrator account name is TEST. I don't know if that bears any significant meaning, but I thought I'd just add that information in there.

If anyone can help me, please do so! I need to get this password. Thank you!

PLEASE HELP ME!

2. ekhan

ekhan Corporal

3. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds