Went to bed with working computer, woke up with the opposite
last night i shut my desktop down and this morning when i started the computer i had serious issues.
Issue 1 (non network related):
My computer was not loading, it wouldn't even load into the bios. i began disconnecting all devices (external HDD, keyboard, etc), still didn't solve the problem. I later solved the issue by tinkering with the RAM sticks. Computer now loads into windows xp.
Issue 2 (network related).
Since this morning i haven't been able to connect this pc to the internet. Originally this pc is hardwired to my router (linksys WRT54G) and i'm using a Scientific Atlanta DPC2100 modem from Time Warner. I'm sending packets, but not receiving, thus getting a limited to no connectivity error.
Things i've done that have resulted in the same problem:
1. Connected the problematic pc via Ethernet (on board) to the modem/router.
2. Installed a pci network card and drivers and tried to connect to modem/router.
3. connected pc to modem via usb.
4. uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the modem, for the on board network card, and the pci network card.
5. Performed a System Restore to a week ago.
6. Plugged cords into different outlets
7. Tried different Ethernet and USB cables
Things i've done that have had success:
1. Connected a 2nd pc to modem via Ethernet and was able to access the internet.
2. Connected a 2nd pc to the router via Ethernet and was able to access the internet.
Problematic PC Specs:
Pentium 4 3.0GHZ
Windows XP SP3
thank for taking the time to help, i really need it.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|OW!!! Woke up this morning with a toothache.||Publius||The Lounge||9||03-18-08 21:35|
|My computer is working slow!! HELP!!||ArPa||Hardware||4||02-01-08 10:30|
|Woke up this morning to a flooded basement||OverCooked||The Lounge||19||01-10-08 09:53|
|computer is not working||cindybreedlove||Majorgeeks Welcome Center||1||10-08-07 04:57|
|Animations not working on my computer||krazeeaunt||Software||1||02-12-05 21:22|