MajorGeeks Support Forums

Go Back   MajorGeeks Support Forums > ----------= PC, Desktop and Laptop Support =---------- > Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Software Software such as operating systems like Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 etc., or specific programs.

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-12, 09:40
Corporal

Default Re: Any camera Experts out there able to assist a Newbie??

[QUOTE=gloozit;1757183]
It's strange that you choose those images. Last night, I was just laying around on the couch, had my camera and one of my dogs was laying at the other end.

Ah too cute, lovely pic of your dog, what's its name? My husband named our cat Mr Tibbs as he watches alot of the old Top Cat series.

I love Morris cats. (The big M on the forehead) What are they?

I have attached a couple more photos I took today down the beach. I still havnt read the settings instructions and it was all a bit hit n miss. The day was glorious sunshine, extra bright but this is not reflected in the photos (see the one below), looks quite average and nothing extra sunny like it was. I am wanting to print my manual and read it that way, but we picked up a second hand wireless printer wireless Sat and I have yet to plumb the thing in as yet

This photo I guess was more luck than judgement

This zoomed in mutt could be something out of the twilight movies

Well I enjoyed myself!

The Following User Says Thank You to jacknscoob For This Useful Post:
musksnipe (07-30-12)
Old 08-01-12, 06:41
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloozit View Post
That camera looks like it works well. Good pictures.
When you get pictures that don't quite look like you think they should, try editing them in PhotoShop.
DO NOT SAVE OVER THE ORIGINALS.
Try going to Image>Adjustments>Curves. Move the slider to the right a little and see if you can get what you want.
You also have a Menu at the top, Try some of those settings, like the Contrasts or darker and lighter.
Brightness and Contrast are also in Image>Adjustments>. Try the Auto (w/Legacy). It won't be right probably, but adjusting from there gets things a little better.
Photoshop Elements has easier auto settings for new users, but buying apps, adds up.
Hi Guys

Yes the 'adjustments' do help the photos alot using photoshop, but I am going to try and learn them first on my camera.

I met a few Pelicans today, this one had his hands on his hips wondering what I was doing!

These two were just chillin!

This one is my 1st action shot (not sure it was in action setting), not a great photo but at least I know that the camera is quick enough to capture it, YAY
Old 08-05-12, 07:05
Corporal

Glooz, hi mate cool pellys on your lake. Your's are more fluffy than mine you must live in a colder climate than me.

I know that I dont know you from Adam but I saw this bloke today and I thought of you Coudnt help taking a snap
Old 08-06-12, 04:11
Corporal

G'day Glooz

Like ya photos. Yes I know what you mean about waiting for that shot and 'them' waiting too, known where I come from as Sods Law!

What state are you in if you dont mind saying on here? I am in Queensland.

You are brave out on your kayak getting shots, hope it doesnt get too choppy.

Guess what function I found on my camera that I only discovered today that I hadnt been using?

As you'll have a sleepless night tonight guessing how blond I am, I'll post a few Pelly shots to keep you going.

It was feeding time down at the Pelly Dock, as they say, there's the quick and the disappointed!!

This one got his fish and was off QUICK!!

This Pelly was just waiting for a hole in one!
Old 08-07-12, 08:34
Corporal

Pelly Dock!!

It is where the boats come in and the fishermen chop up their catch and throw the unwanted bits to the Pellys. They're very tame as meal-times are regular and they fly on in!

The function I wasnt using was my digital zoom!! As I was going thru my settings I realised it wasnt set on, so now, whey hey it does a mega zoom, I never knew it would be 127x, Marvelous

Sponsored links
Old 08-09-12, 01:09
Corporal

Yes, boat launch, thats the word. Winter's here in Oz are freezing in the evenings, as the houses arent built for the cold (tall ceilings etc), we even have electric blankets on . However during the day it is lovely in the sun, so much so I have been sunbathing today, it's gorgeous. I suppose because I come from the Antarctic, any sunny weather we have in Winter I am out to sunbake as if it might never be sunny again Hard habit to break even after 6 years or so.

So you live near the park, an awesome park by the looks of it full of crazy cars. Some great paint jobs. Like the photos, I'll think I'd go for the pink one myself

You will be absolutely freezin in your winter on your kayak as you said, with no shorts on
Old 08-09-12, 09:36
Corporal

Hi Glooz

My reference to the Antarctic may have been a bit misleading and not to be taken in it's literal sense, where I came from was the UK , London, which as you maybe aware, weather-wise is pretty damn similar by my recollection!! Hence me never taking for granted the lovely Ozzy weather

Your park and boat launch sound cool, lots going on. So the photo is of your lake is in the Winter, right?

Wow, would be cool to build your own

Closed Thread