ecm program

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by braintwister, Jan 23, 2010.

1. braintwister

braintwister Private E-2

i am trying to find away to re-write a caterpillar truck ecm program any suggestions

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Have you found a solution to this yet?There's absolutely no way you could write an engine management program unless you can program in C++,are an electronic engineer,are a motor vehicle engineer and have a test bench and diagnostic equipment as all sensors on an engine are coefficient if you change one you have to change them all and to what degree you have to change them depends on the engines response to the changes.

Your best bet is to email caterpillar for a downloadable engine management program and upload it via a laptop assuming you have a data cable and laptop with the software installed to upload it,if they don't have one they may have a ROM you can buy and plug in.

I'm intrigued though,why do you want to rewrite the program,just for fun?Has it been wiped?

3. braintwister

braintwister Private E-2

just trying to advance timing in a program.

4. Rikky

Are you trying to change the auto advance timing curve or just advance the whole of the timing over the rev range?

If your just trying to advance the timing over the rev range you don't need to adjust the ignition curve you just have to move the ignition pick up coil,this has the effect of advancing the whole timing curve.

Just a shot in the dark since you still haven't explained exactly what your trying to do and exactly how far you've got:-D

5. braintwister

braintwister Private E-2

I am trying to read a flash file number that cat supplies to program a ecm. My computer will read and change customer parameters. i am trying to read the actual program that cat has written. i want to advance timing due to the fact they have the timing retarded to met epa regulations. if i could read the program and advance the timing the engine will run alot better.

6. Rikky

7. braintwister

braintwister Private E-2

Thanks for your help. i can already obtain factory passwords. I am trying to find someone to decode a flash file number so i can alter it.

8. tlimsi

tlimsi Private E-2

I am also working on doing the same thing. Have you founf a way of doing this yet. The XML confuration file looks easier to break then the fls flash file. THats where I am putting my efforts. Please let me know on the progress.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds