IE keeps freezing

Discussion in 'Software' started by kojack22, Jun 22, 2008.

1. kojack22

kojack22 Private E-2

When I open a couple of windows (seperate or tab) sometimes my explorer will lock up and I have to go to the task manager to END TASK.

Here is a HIJACK THIS copy (or see attacked). Can anyone help?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2008
  2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

If you suspect malware, repost this in malware forum.

As a test, create a new account & try it out.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Malware is a possible and one I would be chekcing with the above guide to see if that is indeed the cause but for a quick test as I notice a few BHOs in your HJT log, I would run IE in its safe no add-ons mde to test if indeed one of the add-ons is causing this.

So click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click Internet Explorer (no add-ons ) and see if you get same issues.

But I would be checking for malware to rule that out.

4. kojack22

kojack22 Private E-2

I did reset everything from IE to default and restore in the advanced menu. Before that I disabled a lot of add-ons. Afterwards I had to reinstall IE7 so I am not sure if that will work. Maybe it is the Windows Live Toolbar but I use that a lot.

How would I check for a malware bug. Which 'free' program is the best?

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

The below is best guide and applications are all free or free trial, once finished do start a new thread in the malware forum for the logs to be reviewed.

Please follow the instructions in the below link and attach the requested logs when you finish these instructions.

READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide

Once finished please start a new thread in the Malware Forum plus a guide on how to attach the logs HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds