Dell C600 TrueMobile 1150 and 2Wire Wireless Router, PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tallfarmboy, Mar 27, 2006.

1. tallfarmboy

tallfarmboy Private E-2

Hello,

New to this forum, and here's my issue. I just stumbled onto a Dell Latitude C600 notebook computer in real good shape. It has Win98, 750MHZ, 128MB, etc etc... It has the Dell TrueMobile Mini-PCI 1150 card in it. How do I setup the notebook to find my home wireless network? I have SBC DSL service with a 2wire 1701HG wireless router.

Are they compatable? Should I purchase a Dell Router to use with the Dell Wireless card?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this subject..

TFB

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Hi and welcome to MG's,
    Here's a link to a 2wire support page that has a 1000 series user guide -

http://www.2wire.com/?p=266

Pages 8 & 9 have info for setting up wireless adapters to access the gateway. You will need your present wireless network information also.
    I could not find any compatibility information, so give this a shot before you buy anything else.
    Hope that helps.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds