Cursor Jumps all over screen- please reply

Discussion in 'Software' started by fishbone, Jul 6, 2009.

1. fishbone

fishbone Private E-2

I have a DELL Inspiron 1501 laptop about three years old, running Windows XP.
    I maintain a subscription to Norton Antivirus/Antispyware.
    My problem is after being on the internet for a while (using Mozilla Firefox) maybe an hour or so, my cursor begins to jump all over the screen in a frenzy, clicking and right clicking things on its own, opening and closing programs.
    I have run tests to make sure I do not have a virus.

***I have read that something similar happens to people using a dying mouse, but I am pretty certain this problem is not mouse-related seeing as it only happens when I use firefox and I don't use a mouse, I use the pad on the laptop that serves as a mouse.

2. fishbone

fishbone Private E-2

I don't mean to sound demanding, but it's important that someone reply to this soon, the problem occurs nearly every time I use firefox.

3. fishbone

fishbone Private E-2

I have used internet explorer and not run into this problem, and also safari.
    The only reason I use firefox is because it is the fastest of the three.

I haven't consulted the Dell support site about this,
    but I have checked the Microsoft site and there is little to be said about the problem. ):

Is there anything you can recommend I do about my mousepad that could fix the problem?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds