Windows Home server

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gemini II, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Gemini II

Gemini II Private E-2

Hello

I do not know if it is here where I should post this if not please move to correct location.

I have WHS andone of the drives crashed so I replaced it but WHS is still looking for the crashed drive I removed it from the Disk Management by right clicking and Remove but as the drive was not found it said files not moved and removed the drive. But not I have a
    Staus: Critical
    Backup Service is not Running.
    Backup Service is not Running on server. How do I correct the problem?

the link take you to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946339 have tried all and nothing but whem I goto Settings> Backup the only thing I can do is Repair but when I do that about 75% of the way the Console crashes and closes even when I login directly onto the server and try it that way.

Any suggestions?

Thank You

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds