Crashing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nlamont, Jun 5, 2005.

1. nlamont

nlamont Private E-2

I folks, My computer is only a year and a half old but i'm having lots of problems. It randomly blue screens and restarts, what i'm doing at the time has no effect. I don't even have to be doing anything, i've walked away, came back in an hour or so and it has restarted itself. I had someone have a look at it a while back and they put in new RAM as that was the problem they said, doesn't seem so! Thanks ahead of time for anything you can give me!

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

3. kadavill

kadavill MajorGeek

Faulty operating system can also cause random restarts.Reinstalling might fix it.

4. Punjabi88

Punjabi88 Private E-2

Well i had that problem before and i disabled Hypher thread in the bios and then it never restarted.

the reason its restarting because of a hardware problem , it could be your ram or power supply

i would try formating the whole computer and reinstalling the OS and if that doesnt work u basically ruled out the software problem so it has to be your hardware .

5. nlamont

nlamont Private E-2

I've had the hard drive wiped before and Windows reinstalled twice, i'll try the memtest and see what happens,thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds