ATI x1950 pro problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JustinHEMI05, Feb 12, 2007.

1. JustinHEMI05

JustinHEMI05 Private E-2

Hey All,

A quick search yielded no results. Some background, I am not a major over clocker by any means, nor am I very knowledgeable in that respect. However, I have experimented with minor over clocking with my CPU and my ATI Radeon X1950pro. I simply used the feature in the catalyst control center for over clocking with good results... until recently. When I used the control center and drivers that came with my card, everything works fine. However, yesterday I downloaded and installed the most up to date drivers and catalyst control center from ATI while troubleshooting a video game. Before doing so, I removed everything ATI from my computer as the instructions stated. Just today, I ran the overdrive configuration utility and immediately my screen started flashing. I just thought that it was a result of the testing since it did this before, just not to this extreme. However, after the utility finished, the screen continued to flash and does flash anytime the clock is enabled (3D applications). I was hoping someone might have an idea of what it going on. I appreciate you help.

Justi

2. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

if the old drivers were fine, roll 'em back and use those.

3. JustinHEMI05

JustinHEMI05 Private E-2

Ya thats what I am going to try next since they did work fine. I just hope it doesn't screw up the game since I worked out the issues with that :)

Thanks

Justin

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds