WMP plugin???

Discussion in 'Software' started by bonoboy, Jul 22, 2007.

1. bonoboy

bonoboy Private E-2

Hi! Hopefully you guys can help me with a problem thats officially doing my head in.

Ive been trying to use the "listen again" feature here

http://www.whatson.com/kerrang/ ive got no problems with the "listen live" stream but when I come to listen to the old shows, all I get is a message on the player saying "ready"...when I click on play, I get a "preparing" message for a second or 2 then it just goes back to saying "ready" again with nothing happening. I emailed the support team who say theres nothing wrong their end but he told me to try all the other stations they provide...I got the same problem...live feed works, listen again doesn't.

Im using a home PC running Windows XP Home, IE7 and ive got WMP11 as my music player. Im on broadband through Tiscali if that helps??? Ive tried (on other peoples advice) to clear my temp internet files, clear internet cache etc...but still nothing.

I would be unbelievably grateful if anyone could help me out!

2. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

Do you install the addon WMP Extension for this site.This comeup when you go to this page.

3. bonoboy

bonoboy Private E-2

When the page loads, nothing comes up telling me to download the extension, which I remember used to happen when I frequently used the "listen again" feature a couple of months back...I do remember the bar used to appear at the top of my browser asking me if I want to download the WMP extension...could it be anything to do with firewalls or the security im using? Im currently using AVG free edition and my firewall is Comodo Firewall Pro.

4. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

"...I do remember the bar used to appear at the top of my browser asking me if I want to download the WMP extension"

Yes,Yes that is what I'm talking about.You should permit to download this extension.

5. bonoboy

bonoboy Private E-2

Sorry Goran.P...what I forgot to say was I remember it coming up a couple of months back when I used to go on that page but the bar no longer appears...the page just loads as normal with no offer of downloading an extension (sorry about that, im a clueless newbie, remember :eek: )

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds