Free firewall for free antivirus?

Discussion in 'Software' started by randommayham, Oct 31, 2010.

1. randommayham

randommayham Private E-2

I have been using Win XP, and it comes with a firewall, which I have never really done anything with.

I recently found this overview of firewalls on ZoneAlarms site:

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/firewall/good-firewall.htm

They clearly know there stuff, so I am thinking about getting their free firewall.

It seems if you want a completely free anti-virus solution, then the ZoneAlarm free firewall would significantly increase your security.

I also heard that if you are using free anti-virus software, that it is better to use the free Zonealarm firewall then the WinXP firewall.

Is it because the Zonealarm firewall is more configurable or user friendly?

Is this also the case for Win 7?

2. samtal

samtal Corporal

3. md2lgyk

md2lgyk I can't follow the rules

Precisely the reason I tried Comodo for only a couple of days and uninstalled it. Being "highly configurable" is great if you know what you're doing. Most don't.

4. fuzzimba

fuzzimba Private E-2

My personal fav is zone alarm firewall sofware, it is excellent application. Comodo firewall, Tiny firewall, AVS, OutPost firewall are also good one. You can try it...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds