Asus A8ae-le, Bios

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Crisis, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Crisis

Crisis Private E-2

I have PC here with a ASUS A8AE-LE mobo, which is a OEM version made specifically for HP/COMPAQ. What I want to try and accomplish is flashing it with a non-hp BIOS. the main reason I want to do this is so I can overclock it.

I know the best option would be to purchase a better mobo. Seeing that I like to tinker with stuff, or as some would say make things harder on myself. :p I'd like to find a way to make this board "useable".

I am looking for opinions, ideas, or other options. Who is up for helping me pursue my journey? :D

The specs of the mainboard can be found here.
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...name=c00496280&product=1815742&dlc=en&lang=en

CPU is a Sempron 3200+ which is also a HP special.

2. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

ive been trying ur idea for a while now for my Sony VAIO w/ ASUA P4SD-VL mobo and cant seem to find a way to oc it without using programs. the only one ive found to work, for me, is CPUFSB but the crappy thing is that you have to pay/unlock the program in order to keep the overclock after restarting

3. BassKozz

BassKozz Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds