play crysis on a 50"

Discussion in 'Software' started by Shane Thrice, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Shane Thrice

Shane Thrice Private First Class

what would i need?

2. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Why don't you start by listing your system specs and we can go from there?

3. Shane Thrice

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66Ghz
    8 Gigs DDR3 Ram
    and 2 XFX Radeon HD 4870 XXX Edition Video Card - 1024MB GDDR5, PCI Express 2.0 x16, CrossFireX Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV connected with crossfire

4. Mimsy

Based on that I'd say you need... the game. :p

5. Shane Thrice

i got that too.

6. Mimsy

Then you've lost me.

What exactly is the problem you're running into when you're trying to play the game on your 50" TV? you can't just say "what do I need to get to make this work?" you need to provide a bit of detail.

7. Shane Thrice

oh no. you answered my question i just wanted to know if it could. that's all, cause we just got all the stuff (TV and surround sound)and i'd like to play on the 50" but i think it would be annoying to bring everything up there and hook it up to find out it does not work. you answered my question. thank you.

8. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Your eyes will hurt after a while!

9. Senlis

Senlis Staff Sergeant

I would say that if the TV takes VGA or DVI, just hook your computer up to it. After that, run the game and play it. I'm not sure if I am not grasping your question, or if you may be over-complicating the issue. The computer, for the most part, should treat the TV like any other monitor.

However, displaying Crysis at what I guess is 1080i resolution will be quite a feat. I am interested in hearing how your computer will handle it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds