Showing diffrent Country

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Coco, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

Some websites when you go to them show you country specific sites. For example if you go to google. It will load google for your country.

Now my question is what is the easiest way to fake your country. Because sometimes they show special content for a certain country or have special options for a certain contry and it would be nice to be able to see the other content.

2. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Change your time zone?

Depends on how it's implemented.

3. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

It might be cookied, so you could just try deleting the google cookies.

4. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

Move there :p Could try da_chickens comment, changing language, encoding (ISP? :D), etc. Interestign question really, how do they know? I'm pretty sure there are google.$COUNTRY-DOMAIN thoughs, so try that, I believe there is a google.co.uk

5. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

there's about 25 different googles, and google.co.uk is one.

6. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

Yes I know there are many googles. My question wasn't really in refrence to google itself I just used it as an example cause I figured anyone who could help me would know about google. :)

I've already tried the stuff you gus suggested before asking. On one computer I set it up entirely as though it was in the US. Keyboard, time, and regional settings are all us. So my guess is basicly that they do it by ip Tracing an ip to a given country is extremly easy to do.

I do know that using a proxy you can fake other countries but to be honest I don't actually know how to do that. Is there an easy way to do something like that?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds