Error Message Help Please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stevannie, Sep 20, 2005.

1. stevannie

stevannie Private E-2

HI
    can anyone tell me what this means please:

dark blue screen with these words in it:

STOP:0XOOOOOO7E(OXC0000005, 0X8059BEFE, 0XF7906C3C, 0XF7906938
    Beginning Dump of Physical Memory
    Physical Memory Dumped complete.

not sure what to do.
    thanks
    steve

2. wkah

wkah Private E-2

This is from tweaksforgeeks.com.com
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Most annoying problem. Ever. You're just working happily along when all of a sudden BAM, the Blue Screen of Death pops up and "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" very prominently appears. Generally with a cutesy little hex error towards the bottom of the screen. STOP: 0x0000000a, or something like it.

Sadly enough, every time I've run into it it's been a hardware error. Most commonly it is the CPU overheating. A close second would be bad RAM. The first thing I would do if you have this issue is to run the machine till it gives you that error, then immediately reboot it, go into the BIOS and check the CPU temperature. 3/5 times it will be way too hot. Go to the store, buy a fancy new heatsink with a ball bearing fan (don't need it binding like a bushing fan will eventually do), pick up some thermal grease while you're at it, and install. Your problem will likely go away.

If not, get some memory that you know is good, and test that out in the system for a while. Be sure to pull out all memory that is currently in the system, or this test will do nothing. If it stabilizes after that, then replace the memory permanently, shoot the old like a clay pigeon and have a nice day.

Sometimes though, especially with the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, even that is not enough. This is where you get hardcore with the troubleshooting. In the BIOS, load Fail-Safe defaults, disable the onboard modem, sound, and LAN (where applicable). Take out all the cards, with the exception of video, and run the machine for a while. If the machine stays stable, then start adding/re-enabling the devices one by one. Keep in mind that modern motherboards share IRQ's across PCI slots, so try not to put a sound card and a modem right next to each other. They don't seem to think that's funny every once and a while. Anyway, do this one by one until you start crashing again. Whatever you put in last is the culprit.

Also, many newer motherboards' northbridges are actively cooled. Almost always by a bushing fan. Bushing fans tend to bind after a while. Since this chip controls the data stream between the RAM, video, and CPU, I'd say it's pretty important. If it's overheating bad things are bound to happen.

I hope this helps some. That is a list of the steps that I go through when I run into this blasted problem. If only the error messages were more specific...

3. armstrong

armstrong Private E-2

Hi and welcome. Have you recently installed any new hardware?

Look in Device Manager [right click My Computer, click on Properties; click Hardware tab, then click on Device Manager] to see whether there are any yellow queries against anything listed there.

What is your operating system?

Come back with the info’ and one of us will help.

4. stevannie

stevannie Private E-2

hi guys
    it is my bosses computer not mine, however he is using a dell and xp home. i have been told it could be a USB problem also, which could tie up with a Ordinance Survey hub he attaches every now and then for updates to his GPS toy.
    i dont think he would go down the rip everything out and start again route, although i have never known anyone who has as many problems as he does with his computers.
    So, supposing i look at his device manager, and find a yellow triangle, what would be the next step, and what if there isn't a triangle.
    leave it with you
    thanks so far
    steve

5. armstrong

armstrong Private E-2

Steve, if Device Mgr shows a problem, let us know which device it points to and we’ll take it from there. You could also look in Event Viewer and see whether there is any more useful info’ there.

6. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

You are lucky enough that the computer has created a mini dump file,this file can be debugged to find the cause of the problem,you can either follow adrynalyn's guide found here

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246

or find the dump file C:\WINDOWS\Minidump copy and paste to notepad and post it here as an attachement and I or someone else will debug it for you ;)

7. stevannie

stevannie Private E-2

hi guys
    well i have looked in dev manager and nothing is out of place, looking at the event viewer, there are a couple of Mclog faults, whatever they are, and a couple of update errors.
    i have found the minidump file and downloaded it onto my computer, and now i will see how to put an attachemnet on here for you lot to fiddle with.
    right, i have tried to upload the file, but because it is a .dmp file it will not upload it, nor can i put it in a word program, so now what??? :eek:
    catch you later
    steve

8. Rikky

Copy everything inside the file and paste it into notepad,save the file as a notepad file,click manage attachements with your next post and upload it ;)

9. Rikky

Sorry,Save it as a 'txt' file,name it anything you want ;)

10. stevannie

stevannie Private E-2

ok guys,
    i have now saved it as a txt file, so i will now try and upload it.

right, i have uploaded it i think, so will see what happens, good luck lads.
    dont forget, there's no chopper cover on this mission.
    steve
    :D

Attached Files:

11. Rikky

It aint working,do it this way,copy the file,paste it to your desktop,right click it and compress the file then upload the zip file ;)

12. stevannie

stevannie Private E-2

hi guys
    here i go again, have zipped it and uploaded it.
    the other one worked for me, there was 15 pages of letters and numbers.
    gotta go
    thank you
    steve

Attached Files:

13. Rikky

Good show that worked fine :) here are the windows debug outputs

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.5.0003.7
    Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Documents and Settings\rich\Desktop\Mini091505_01.dmp]
    Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols

Executable search path is:
    Windows XP Kernel Version 2600 (Service Pack 2) MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
    Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
    Built by: 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519
    Kernel base = 0x804d7000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x805624a0
    Debug session time: Thu Sep 15 15:48:03.937 2005 (GMT+1)
    System Uptime: 0 days 1:32:23.611
    Loading Kernel Symbols
    ...............................................................................................................................................................................
    Loading unloaded module list
    Loading User Symbols
    *******************************************************************************
    * Bugcheck Analysis *
    *******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 8059befe, f7906c3c, f7906938}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!CcPfBuildDumpFromTrace+23a )

Followup: MachineOwner
    ---------

1: kd> analyze -v
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ialmrnt5.dll
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ialmrnt5.dll
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ialmdnt5.dll
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ialmdnt5.dll
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ialmdev5.DLL
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ialmdev5.DLL
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ialmdd5.DLL
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ialmdd5.DLL
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for CDAC15BA.SYS
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for CDAC15BA.SYS
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for tfsnudfa.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for tfsnudfa.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for tfsnudf.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for tfsnudf.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for tfsnifs.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for tfsnifs.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for tfsnopio.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for tfsnopio.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for tfsncofs.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for tfsncofs.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for senfilt.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for senfilt.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for smwdm.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for smwdm.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e100b325.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e100b325.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for IntelC52.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for IntelC52.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for IntelC51.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for IntelC51.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ialmnt5.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ialmnt5.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for drvmcdb.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for drvmcdb.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sisagp.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sisagp.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for drvnddm.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for drvnddm.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for IntelC53.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for IntelC53.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for drmk.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for drmk.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for PxHelp20.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for PxHelp20.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ssrtln.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ssrtln.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mohfilt.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mohfilt.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for fdc.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for fdc.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NaiFiltr.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NaiFiltr.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for tfsnboio.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for tfsnboio.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for viaide.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for viaide.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sscdbhk5.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sscdbhk5.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ASCTRM.SYS
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ASCTRM.SYS
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for tfsnpool.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for tfsnpool.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for tfsndres.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for tfsndres.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for tfsndrct.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for tfsndrct.sys
    Couldn't resolve error at 'nalyze -v'

So it looks like the problem is caused by ntkrnlmp.exe which "after doing some research" is a set of instructions loaded by your motherboard bios in a multi cpu enviroment,so I would like to ask are you running dual cpu's?,if so this error can be caused by one or more of the cpu's its a pretty generic error as far as I can see,meaning it could be caused by,heat,voltage,bios setting,old bios,ectSo I would first go with a bios update,update your mobo drivers,check everything is clean by blowing out the dust to keep everything cool,download speedfan from MG and toast,run toast while keeping an eye on your temps

14. Rikky

Dont answer that just seen it in the debug output :D,you are,lol,but any other specs you can provide would be helpfull,you also havnt said how many times you have had this error and under which circumstances the error happened to try to narrow down why the cpus "might" not be functioning properly :)

15. stevannie

stevannie Private E-2

hi rikky
    my boss says he has had this problem twice, they came at intermitant times, and he was doing different things.
    he has cleaned all the insides, i will tell him to download MG and toast it, what sort of temp is normal?
    as for the bios update, the machine is less than a year old, and as its a dell and built as required, i would have thought the bios should be ok.
    what else do you need to know?
    thank you
    steve

16. stevannie

stevannie Private E-2

hi me again
    i have been to the dell website and downloaded the bios for his dimension 3000, the A20 i think.
    how will i know what his old one is, and this isn't the same as he already has.
    thank you
    steve

ps what is the mobo drivers please

17. Rikky

Hi steve,I cant stress enough how vital it is you get the EXACT bios for your computer,if you install the wrong one the computer will need a new motherboard,download this program

http://majorgeeks.com/SiSoftware_Sandra_d92.html

install the program on the problem computer,go to the mainboard icon within the program and post the model of your mainboard,also post the link to the dell bios update you are going to install,I will help you get the right one

edit mobo drivers=motherboard drivers ;) ,a few people trip up over that one :)

18. stevannie

stevannie Private E-2

19. Rikky

Hmm.dell dont give you many options maybe a good thing where bios's are concerned,I looks like the correct bios,I have downloaded the file,its an executable file,I aint gonna execute it on my computer though,so its hard to find out what motherboard its for,if you have followed the path to the bios file from the page that has his model of computer on and the specs match his its the right file,i'm just gonna fish around dells site see if there are any more dell 3000 A02's

20. Rikky

yup its the only bios they have for the dimension 3000 A02,follow the instructions to the letter once the you have updated the bios,create a restore point,then download and install all of the other updates,good luck ;)

21. stevannie

stevannie Private E-2

hi rikky
    the boss has the latest bios update on the dell, but on bootup the last couple of times he has encounted more error messages, and one which says
    BAD_POOL_CALLER, any idea what this is?
    steve

22. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Usually a driver.

Post the newest minidump file created zipped so we can be certain.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds